Since starting at Herrick & Salsbury, Inc., in the early 1980s while still in high school, Steve has worked continuously at Herrick & Salsbury, Inc., licensed as a Professional Land Surveyor in 1990. Now, Steve is a second generation owner of Herrick & Salsbury, Inc. Steve is active in all facets of the business from fieldwork to project management to running the business. In 2010 Steve became a licensed Code Enforcement Officer in the state of Maine. Steve is knowledgeable in land use regulations, mineral extraction regulations, subdivisions, and shoreland zoning and has permitted several hundred projects for clients. Steve thrives on solving complex boundary and land use issues along with permitting projects. Steve has also designed, developed, and managed several rental properties including residential apartments and commercial offices.
Steve was born and raised in Ellsworth and currently resides in Ellsworth with his wife, Lisa, and they have two grown sons together. He enjoys traveling, kayaking and camping with his wife, cooking, sailing, and fishing. Steve watches and follows the Red Sox, New England Patriots, and Alabama Football. Steve umpires baseball and referees football at the high school level. Steve served on the Ellsworth Planning Board from 1988–1999 and has continually served on the Ellsworth Board of Appeals from 1999 to the present. His chocolate lab, Penny, is almost always by his side or in the back seat of the pickup truck, if not chasing a squirrel.
- Professional Land Surveyor, ME 2207
- Code Enforcement Officer, ME 904
- Plumbing Inspector, ME 1155
- Maine Society of Land Surveyors
- State of Maine Baseball Umpires Association
- Maine Association of Football Officials
- FAA Licensed Private Pilot
- Ellsworth Planning Board, 1988–1999
- Ellsworth Board of Appeals, 1999–Present
- Ellsworth Zoning Committee, 2005–Present
- Maine Public Volunteer
- High School Sports Official
- University of Maine, Associates Program, Civil Engineering/Land Surveying