Tara first came to Herrick & Salsbury, Inc., as a college intern in the summer of 2006. Holding her professional surveying license since 2009, she has gained experience working on everything from homeowner boundary surveys to land trust conservation easements to gravel pit permitting. She loves her work because of the variety the profession has to offer, as well as the requirement to work outdoors.
Tara lives in Mount Desert with her husband, Jesse, and two sons, Jacob and Noah. She enjoys all things outdoors, particularly vegetable gardening, walking in the woods, camping, swimming, snowshoeing, and cross-country skiing.
- Professional Land Surveyor, ME 2440
- Lowell H. & Dorothy Loving Undergraduate Scholarship – National Society of Professional Surveyors
- Ellsworth V. Stanley Scholarship – American Congress on Surveying and Mapping New England Section
- Berntsen International Scholarship in Surveying Award – American Congress on Surveying and Mapping
- Associated Constructors of Maine, Inc. Scholarship Award
- Maine Coast Heritage Trust Community Garden (past)
- Hancock Community Garden (past)
- Swimming Teacher at Downeast Family YMCA (past)
- University of Maine Orono, B.S. Surveying Engineering Technology – 2007
- St. Olaf College, B.A. Biology & Independent Major in Geology – 2003