Tara first came to Herrick & Salsbury as a college intern in the summer of 2006. Upon graduating from the University of Maine, Orono with a B.S. in Surveying Engineering Technology in 2007, Tara became a full-time member of the office. Trained in by an “old-timer”, now retired employee, who worked for Herrick & Salsbury for over forty years, she gained incredible insight and knowledge of the work the company has performed from its beginnings. Holding her professional surveying license since 2009, she has obtained experience in most all aspects of the survey services Herrick & Salsbury has to offer. Tara loves her work because of the variety the profession has to offer, as well as the requirement to work outdoors. Now one of the senior members of the office due to several older employees retiring, she is excited for the future of the business and its continued presence in the community whether it be helping land trusts conserve land, attending planning board meetings to help clients get their projects approved, or filing applications for gravel pit permits.
Tara lives in Mount Desert with her husband Jesse and two sons Jacob and Noah. She enjoys all things outdoors, particularly vegetable gardening, walking in the woods, camping, swimming, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing. Other hobbies include building and renovating houses, thinking about and installing alternative energy sources (previously solar hot water production; currently solar electric production and geothermal systems), and eating and providing wholesome, locally sourced, or home grown & raised food for her family.
- Professional Land Surveyor, ME 2440
- Lowell H. & Dorothy Loving Undergraduate Scholarship – National Society of Professional Surveyors
- Ellsworth V. Stanley Scholarship – American Congress on Surveying and Mapping New England Section
- Berntsen International Scholarship in Surveying Award – American Congress on Surveying and Mapping
- Associated Constructors of Maine, Inc. Scholarship Award
- Maine Coast Heritage Trust Community Garden (past)
- Hancock Community Garden (past)
- Swimming Teacher at Downeast Family YMCA (past)
- University of Maine Orono, B.S. Surveying Engineering Technology – 2007
- St. Olaf College, B.A. Biology & Independent Major in Geology – 2003