- Our Services: Rock Quarry, Gravel Pit, and Wood Processing Permitting
Rock Quarry, Gravel Pit, and Wood Processing Permitting is a specialty at Herrick & Salsbury, Inc. Local municipalities have over the years adopted home rule ordinances regulating the siting, setbacks, and operations of rock quarries and gravel extraction areas. Ongoing permitting assistance and compliance is something we can do for you. We currently maintain permitting for about 20 operations around Hancock County.
Permitting an extraction facility involves items such as traffic, hours of operation, water quality testing, buffering and screening from neighboring properties, how the land will be restored once the extraction is complete, stormwater management, noise control, spill prevention planning, spill and cleanup plan, and a plan for maintaining the water quality.
- M.E. Astbury & Son, Blue Hill
- John W. Goodwin Jr., Lamoine
- Doug Gott & Sons, Inc., Blue Hill, Gouldsboro, Lamoine, Hancock, Mariaville, Sullivian, Tremont
- R.F. Jordan & Sons Construction, Inc., Ellsworth, Hancock, Lamoine, Mariaville
- Harold MacQuinn, Inc., Blue Hill, Lamoine, Hancock
- T.C. Gravel LLC, Amherst, Franklin